Important to know
- There are a total of 75 appointment slots available – 25 timeslots per day
- New for 2018, appointments are 11 minutes long with 4 minutes between appointments.
- The RVC Project Office will automatically block 2 timeslots per day for breaks – one in the morning and one in the afternoon – allowing for a total of 69 scheduled appointments for sellers in a full booth
- Sellers in a half booth will automatically have half of their schedule blocked allowing for a maximum of 34 appointments.
- Sellers in a half booth have the option of purchasing a concurrent upgrade to unblock the remaining 34 timeslots. Upgrades must be purchased by March 2, 2018.
- Sellers in full booths can purchase one additional schedule per booth. You must register at least 1 delegate per schedule
- Sellers can submit appointment requests online between March 5 and March 30. Half booths can submit 40 requests, full booths can submit 82 requests. It is strongly recommended that you submit the maximum number of requests in order to obtain a full appointment schedule
- Appointment matching priority is:
- Buyer and seller mutual requests (buyers request seller and same seller requests buyer)
- Buyer request
- Seller request
- Typically over 95% of mutual appointment requests are successfully booked
- Appointment schedules will be posted on April 9 and schedules will be opened for manual changes, cancellations and additional appointment requests.
What is the difference between Non-Concurrent and Concurrent Half Booth Schedule?
|Included with a Non-Concurrent schedule
||Included with a Concurrent Schedule
Seller Appointment Tips
Before March 5
- Log into your MyRVC account and assign appointment schedule(s) to your delegates. Delegates can share appointment schedules and attend meetings together however each schedule must be assigned to a specific delegate
- Configure country opt-outs to specify which buyer countries you would like to meet with and would not like to meet with
- Review the online directory and start preparing a list of buyers that you would like to meet
Between March 5 and March 30
- Indicate the top 40 buyers (half booth) or top 82 buyers (full booth) that you are interested in meeting
- Rank the buyers in order of preference
- Review the list of buyers that have requested appointments with you. If you are interested in meeting with them, include that buyer in your list of requests
- Block any timeslots that you are not available to take appointments
- Reach out to your buyer contacts and suggest that they request appointments with you.
- Try to obtain as many mutual matches as possible. Previous RVC history has shown that 98% of all mutual matches are successfully booked!
- Review the list of registered Media and Destination Canada representatives. Remember that you can include these delegates in your list of preferred appointments as well
- Login regularly to review your list of requests. New buyers register every day
- Download the Appointment Request Guide for additional tips and How-Tos
On March 30
- Review list of requests one last time
- Ensure that you have submitted the maximum number of requests allowed (Half booth – 40 requests, Full booth – 82 requests)
On and after April 9
- Download the Guide to Managing your Appointments to assist with manual appointment bookings
- Add manual appointment requests to fill any open timeslots
- Block or Unblock timeslots if applicable
- Respond to buyer requests as soon as you receive them. Requests can be sent to multiple sellers and bookings are first come first serve
- Read the RVC Blogs and the How to Maximize RVC tips in preparation for your appointments