We are delighted that you will be part of RVC 2018, Canada’s premier international tourism marketplace, and have compiled the following for your review in making the most out Rendez-vous Canada (RVC) as a buyer delegate.
Messages for 2018:
- Please be respectful of your appointment schedule and attend all scheduled appointments.
- Be sure to download the 2018 Mobile App – enhanced for 2018 to include a tablet version, and directly linked in real-time to MYRVC.
- The RVC 2018 program includes many outstanding offsite venues (Welcome Reception, Halifax Night) to which complimentary shuttle service has been arranged from official RVC hotels ONLY.
Do your Homework.
- You only have 11 minutes at each appointment;
- Research sellers’ website, and review their business;
- Prepare a one-page information sheet with your buying stats, key information about your clientele and what you are looking for to share with sellers; and
- Know the purpose of your meeting and be ready to communicate products/services you want with sellers.
Fill out your profile.
- The first place that sellers will look to learn about you and your business is at your profile in the appointment system;
- A completed profile provides sellers with enough information to save you a lot of time during your appointments; and
- It is very important to share your website and profile information.
Brace Yourself for the Fast Pace.
- Be ready for the fast paced appointment schedule of Rendez-vous Canada. After each 11-minute appointment, announcements will be made to ensure that buyer delegates move to the next appointment in the next 4 minutes; and
- Be sharp as there will be long days – some of you are travelling from afar and in different time zones – be sure to eat well, stay hydrated and get enough rest.
- Respect your next appointment, and be mindful of the time.
- Remember to bring enough business cards. Assume a card per appointment then at least 100 more!
- Prepare a profile sheet with “at a glance” statistics and information about your company and/or market;
- If you have a catalog, bring a sample to show the sellers;
- If you are proposing marketing partnerships, bring samples and ideas of how the seller can work with you;
Fill your Dance Card.
- Be sure to maximize your appointments.
- Consider meeting with sellers that approach you even if they are just learning about your company or market. Leverage every opportunity.
- Advise your sellers if you are unable to make an appointment.
- Practice your “elevator speech” to describe your benefits in one sentence when someone asks “what do you do?” and “where are you from?”; and
- Dress for success and wear comfortable shoes.
Network, Network, Network.
- Many of the relationship building opportunities will occur in informal settings: during luncheons, on shuttle buses, at the evening events, and in the hallways.
- Be open to these opportunities.
Take Advantage of Informal Opportunities.
- Take advantage of city tours and social events; and
- Use the airport and hotel shuttles – you never know who you will sit beside! (Transportation schedules are posted on the RVC website and mobile app).
Explore the Region
- Definitely attend the City tours and Pre-Post FAM trips to explore the region first-hand, before and after Rendez-vous Canada.
- Take advantage of exploring the other sellers on the marketplace floor.
Ask if in doubt.
Many information desks are on-site to ensure you have a productive, enjoyable and memorable RVC experience:
- RVC Registration Desk – your one-stop source of all information;
- Appointments Help Desk – answer all your questions regarding the appointment system (change, add or cancel appointments for you);
- Mobile App Help Desk – assist you with all mobile app related questions;
- Goodkey Show Services Desk (Marketplace) – support you on all booth related questions; and
- Hospitality Desks – Discover Halifax will be pleased to assist you with maps, tourism information, restaurant reservations and also RVC specific questions.
Have a fabulous Rendez-vous Canada and don’t forget to follow the event on Twitter with the #RVC2018 hashtag!