We are delighted that you will be part of RVC 2017, Canada’s premier international tourism marketplace, and have compiled the following 11 summary points for your review in making the most out Rendez-vous Canada (RVC) as a buyer delegate.
Messages for 2017:
- Please be respectful of your appointment schedule and attend all scheduled appointments.
- Be sure to download the 2017 Mobile App – enhanced for 2017 to include a tablet version, and directly linked in real-time to MYRVC.
- The RVC 2017 program includes many outstanding offsite venues (Welcome Reception, Calgary Night) to which complimentary shuttle service has been arranged from official RVC hotels ONLY. Should you opt to reserve your accommodations at a non-host hotel; you will need to depart from one of the official host hotels, as dinner locations will not be announced for Calgary Night.
Do your Homework.
- You only have 12 minutes at each appointment;
- Research sellers’ website, and review their business;
- Prepare a one-page information sheet with your buying stats, key information about your clientele and what you are looking for to share with sellers; and
- Know the purpose of your meeting and be ready to communicate products/services you want with sellers.
Fill out your profile.
- The first place that sellers will look to learn about you and your business is at your profile in the appointment system;
- A completed profile provides sellers with enough information to save you a lot of time during your appointments; and
- It is very important to share your website and profile information.
Brace Yourself for the Fast Pace.
- Be ready for the fast paced appointment schedule of Rendez-vous. After each 12-minute appointment, announcements will be made to ensure that buyer delegates move to the next appointment in the next 3 minutes; and
- Be sharp as there will be long days – some of you are travelling from afar and in different time zones – be sure to eat well, stay hydrated and get enough rest.
- Respect your next appointment, and be mindful of the time.
- Remember to bring enough business cards. Assume a card per appointment then at least 100 more!
- Prepare a profile sheet with “at a glance” statistics and information about your company and/or market;
- If you have a catalog, bring a sample to show the sellers;
- If you are proposing marketing partnerships, bring samples and ideas of how the seller can work with you;
Fill your Dance Card.
- Be sure to maximize your appointments – you can schedule appointments prior to the show and even during the show; and schedule additional appointments from 8:45 am – 9:00 am, and immediately after lunch at 1:30 pm – 1:45 pm.
- Consider meeting with sellers that approach you even if they are just learning about your company or market. Leverage every opportunity.
- Advise your sellers if you are unable to make an appointment.
- Practice your “elevator speech” to describe your benefits in one sentence when someone asks “what do you do?” and “where are you from?”; and
- Dress for success and wear comfortable shoes.
Network, Network, Network.
- Many of the relationship building opportunities will occur in informal settings: during luncheons, on shuttle buses, at the evening events, and in the hallways.
- Be open to these opportunities.
Take Advantage of Informal Opportunities.
- Take advantage of city tours and social events; and
- Use the airport and hotel shuttles – you never know who you will sit beside! (Transportation schedules are posted on the RVC website and mobile app).
Explore the Region
- Definitely attend the City tours and Pre-Post FAM trips to explore the region first-hand, before and after Rendez-vous Canada.
- Take advantage of exploring the other sellers on the marketplace floor.
Ask if in doubt.
Many information desks are on-site to ensure you have a productive, enjoyable and memorable RVC experience:
- RVC Registration Desk – your one-stop source of all information;
- Appointments Help Desk (Marketplace entrance) – answer all your questions regarding the appointment system (change, add or cancel appointments for you);
- Mobile App Help Desk (Marketplace entrance) – assist you with all mobile app related questions;
- Goodkey Show Services Desk (Marketplace) – support you on all booth related questions; and
- Hospitality Desks – Tourism Calgary will be pleased to assist you with maps, tourism information, restaurant reservations and also RVC specific questions.
Have a fabulous Rendez-vous Canada and don’t forget to follow the event on Twitter with the #RVC2017 hashtag!